These delectable balls are power packed with amazing micronutrients, healthy fats and a ton of flavor. What I love about them is their versatility. It’s easy to pack up and munch on these gems when life is throwing you a few curve balls and time is of the essence. What’s even better? You don’t gotta bake ‘em! These energy balls remind me to never judge a book by it’s cover—though are small in size, they are packed with power. About 2 – 3 of these will keep you full and offer you the opportunity to snack on something sweet without sacrificing nutrition.
- 1 cup raw almonds, pecans or walnuts
- 16 dates, pitted
- Water, for blending (1 – 2 tbsp)
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp good quality cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pulse almonds in a food processor until coarsely ground. Transfer to a bowl.
- Pulse dates in food processor until almost smooth, adding up to 3 tbsp (45 mL) water as needed to help blend.
- Add almonds back to food processor with coconut, almond butter, cocoa powder and cinnamon and pulse, scraping down mixture in bowl with a wooden spoon as needed until completely incorporated.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Scoop mixture into 2tbsp balls, rolling with your hands; place balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate.
- Makes 18 balls
Recipe adapted from http://naturaldelights.
[…] your hand at these Energy Date Balls that are loaded with fibre and will hit that sweet […]